In this blog, I will explain how to create merge cells in OBIEE dashboards.
The main functionality of merge cell is all of the text and numbers from the individual cells is merged and displayed in the center of the merged cell.
How can we create merge cells in OBIEE reports?
- Open the Oracle Business Intelligence platform.
2. Create new analysis.
3. After selecting Analysis, select any one subject area.
4. As I selected sample sales Lite as my subject area to prepare merge cells in report.
The page will be opened like this:
5. Select required columns from subject area in left panel to right panel as shown in the figure.
6. The result will display as monthly revenue in year.
7. We need to implement months as quarter. Under each quarter we had equally divided months.
To get this, we need to edit the formula for particular column.
8. The formula provided in the column.
Month_Of_Quarter (“Time”. “Calendar Date”).
Then click on ok.
9. The result will display as follows:
10. Next to provide average of revenue for quarter with a simple aggregate formula to calculate the aggregate per quarter.
We need to edit the formula for that revenue column.
11. In edit formula, we need to change formula to get average revenue.
12. The result will be displayed as follows:
Here, the revenue for three quarters is same.
13. Now the variable will be used to identify each middle record for each quarter, so I changed the formula slightly so that it will only show data i.e. the second month of the quarter.
To get this we need to apply formula for that column.
14.Then click on ok. The result will be displayed as follows:
15. Now here comes the tricky part. We need to change the style for each cell. I’ll need to make the bottom border of one cell and the top border of the next cell disappear. I can do this by using the following conditional custom CSS style for each element.
16. We can also restrict the year to see the revenue for particular year, By applying condition to the year column.
17. After applying filter condition, finally the result will display as follows:
This is the process to build merge cells in OBIEE reports.
The use of creating merge cell in obiee is all of the text and numbers from the individual cells is merged and displayed in report.